Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Chemical) PART 1

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

It has been so long that I didn't update a new entry. Right now, I'm at home, doing nothing, except for reading inspirational stories written by student who went studying abroad. Last week, I've just received my final semester results and alhamdulillah I obtained dean list for my final semester degree in Micet and hopefully in UQ beginning next year, I'll start fresh and obtain band 6-7. InshaAllah. Dream big !

So as I've friend who are currently abroad or done their degree abroad had shared with me some of their experiences. Most of them had bad experience with culture shock, therefore here I'm finding the root cause and how to overcome it as I'm really an emotional baby so i have to prepare early.

From blog.intostudy.com

Culture shock is define as feeling out of place to unfamiliar culture or place. Definitely I'll be unfamiliar with Australia as I never been there and it is out of my comfort zone. 

Most important thing is how to overcome Culture Shock?



  1. Before I leave Malaysia I have to have some research on Australia so I feel prepared.
  2. When I arrive in Brisbane, I should write what I love about Brisbane so I can be positive whenever I'm feeling down. 
  3. Be a social butterfly.
  4. If I have problem, I should talk to mother or to my trusted friends Nina, Aima and Abang Tifi in Malaysia. They're the one I really trusted to.
  5. I really need to join clubs and society instead of being lonely freak.
  6. Other than that, i can organise activities with housemates. Cooking together is a fun way to bond and learn about other cultures.

Final thoughts:

Goodbye UNIKL MICET. Thank you for having me for 5 years.
 Classmates:













You Might Also Like

0 comments