People Who Can't Stand to See The Success of Others Will Never Experience Their Own

Assalamualaikum.

Finally, my third sem is over. There were many events occurred during this semester; IELTS , RCC etc. But the most worrying habit for me personally is my current personality. Which did not occurred before this. Usually, my old me is the one who always say positive vibe instead of negative but right now it become a habit to have jealousy habit in term of seeing other people success. Which is a very bad personality as in reality, you should be proud of them, isn't it ? 

That's most probably the reason why I don't feel pure happiness lately. " Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people" . When I did, I'll feel humiliated as I feel so small compared to others. My studies are dragged down , my bowling scores, friendship  all went down. But there are things that stay the same. 


Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people Picture Quote #1

Thus, when my room mates compliments me for small things I do, I feel so delighted like that is biggest accomplishment. That's why, I always said to Nurzat and Yana " You guys light up the sparks that have long gone" . The one that I miss so much. 

WHY AM I FEELING LIKE THAT?

Which is why I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy (OK, more than just a twinge) watching some of my friends, pick up all the basic moves/ knowledge so quickly and effortlessly. 

It was hard not to feel jealous.

Jealousy is a funny emotion. I’ve found that no matter how “evolved” you think you are, and no matter how fiercely you try to deny that it’s happening (“Nope! I’m not jealous, no, not at all”) it has a way of creeping back into your body and taking over ; if you allow it. But somehow, lately, I'll try my best to counteract it. 


Therefore, I'm trying to turn jealousy into an opportunity to reflect on your own strengths, skills, desirable assets, and “swallow the world in one gulp.”

White faces long for tanned skin while black faces wanted to whitens their tone. Skinny women yearn to increase weight while the curvy long for a slim figure. So many of us crave the opposite of what we have! It’s almost comedic.

I admire others but I notice that there are some people who praises me, look up at my achievement and good deeds. I didn't notice that all of us have skills and strengths that other people find enviable. Sometimes, though, caught up in a whirlwind of jealousy, we can’t see our own gloriousness.

Not surprisingly, self-acceptance is a key happiness factor.

Jealousy Quote Picture Quote #1

THEREFORE, LEARN HOW TO SELF-ACCEPT YOURSELF DEAR NEESA.


You Might Also Like

0 comments